Monday, April 2, 2018

Poem I wrote April 6, 2017 after EVERYTHING he left me?!?

I feel like I'm in a twilight zone.
This is not my life, this is not my home.
I'd love to run away but to where?
I'm looking around for someone to care...
Once again my life's fell apart,
I called it love and it broke my heart.
You're living it up with your downgraded girl.
And I'm stuck in this hell you made my world.
But everyday I try and hold my head high.
Go ahead and ask my why,
Because I'm holding it down without a man.
And my baby girls love me more than you can.
I don't have time to sit an cry over you,
Or to think about the shit you put me through.
I got bills to pay and mouths to feed.
I see clearly now, you're not someone I need.
I stood in a battle I didn't have to fight.
And the way you thanked me isn't alright.
It's alright though, I'm stronger than before.
And I pinky promise, you won't hurt me anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment